Tuesday 23 July 2013

"Khaki vs Agbada/Suit"

"Khaki VS Agbada/Suit"


The above question can be rephrased as Is Civilian rule better than Military rule? I have my view and am sure a lot of us have our views on this issue. A chat with a friend and he says Civilian rule is definitely better and I asked why?  He said “At least we can talk and stage peaceful protests and express dissatisfaction”. …. This response stirred up anger and a revisit of all times we have had displeasure.

Flashback !!!!!!!!!!

The first memory was the Fuel Price hike during the OBJ’s tenure: NLC went on strike and all but what was the result: a shift in the position of the people and a seeming consensus reached and the price never remained the same.
That’s a while ago am sure someone is saying …… I send a request to my brain with the search period restricted to maximum of 2 years …. As a sharp brain it returned the most memorable of all expressions in the country with a caption “Occupy Nigeria” we all went out in large numbers, singing, ranting and exercising our right to a freedom of speech (good one I must confess especially for those present at Ojota (the fanfare venue)). After all days of starvation, fanfare, ranting( chei I was always on twitter stating all sorts and showing support to everyone that kicked against the government decision) and all.
The outcome was still an increase in the price of petroleum (subsidy scam)…… . If this is the strength of civilian rule then I guess it’s just a waste because all we do is TALK !!!! TALK and TALK …… Enough of Civilian displeasure talk….
Onto another chat with someone else who believes Military rule is better than Civilian rule …. He said “I believe this because, things were more orderly than they are now”…… This response also stirred up anger and a revisit to time past.
I ask myself Was it order or fear or cohesion?  I remember days when we had to seat at home because of heavy military presence on the roads or is it the approach with which the rights of people were totally disregarded as seen in the 1993 election. The total neglect of the rule of law….. Common it sure wasn’t order because the clamor against the dictatorship rose to its peak at a time and change became imminent.
Am sure you are saying in your mind, this guy must be an Oliver (always want more and never satisfied )
The answer I gave to the above question : Which is better Khaki or Agbada/Suit is NONE ….. All I want in governance is just GREAT LEADERSHIP ….Whether Military or Civilian, all I want is a country where all is BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL….

Do you agree with me or what is your view?



1 comment:

  1. The Jersey color doesn't matter my bro. It is the people, their heart's.
    We are in deep s##t for now. We need thousands of fashola's in government, not what they wear.

    ReplyDelete