Sunday 5 March 2017

Happy birthday my mum

Mama Megbo aka Iya Tolu (as i always call you when in a good and teasing mood)
It is another year for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 
I sat and decided to write about you on your day and celebrate you.
I am totally grateful and glad to have you as my sweet mother... When your thought comea to mind, so many different memories come to mind—memories that will live in my head and heart forever and ever till the end of this world.
The things I remember MOST about you: you were/are ALWAYS there for me no matter what the circumstances, no matter how terrible my mood was (trust me I had terrible ones) no matter what time of day or night.  You have shown me complete acceptance, love, and understanding.  Anytime I need you, you always made time for me.  I can boast anyday that you always got my back.  You have no idea how comforting that has been in my life. You taught me how to love unconditionally and always have an open heart even when hatred or resentment is shown to you. I have seen further evidence of this unconditional love in the way that you show such love, patience and commitment with everyone around you and especially with the motherless babies in the home.
As a kid, I remember always running after you everywhere... I remember the kitchen door was made as a barrier for me.... smiling face. I remember the travelling days from abuja and then from Lagos to Abeokuta.. Distance wasn't a barrier to keep you from your roles. You worked even harder to be a great Mom, wife, sister and friend to all. You taught me to give my best in all my endeavours in life. When I come to you with hard decisions in my life and feel confused about what to do, you never stop listening, you hear my concerns, and then ask the key question “what do you think you should do and your key statement - you need to get closer to God ?” before offering guidance or advice. You have instilled in me the thinking spirit and the fear of God
I see now that I wouldn’t have been able to be as matured or independent to the point I am now if it weren’t for the unyielding support that I felt from you and Dad. Thank you isn’t enough.
I remember in my childhood and into my adulthood how dogged you have been. You believe anything is possible if you set your mind to it and YOU lived this…you lived this in the way that you have never given up on your health, family, religion and any thing you set out to do.  You lived this in the way that you turned out to be an amazing person " Super Woman" despite very challenging circumstances along the way.  You lived this in the way that you have stayed committed through the ups and down of your marriage and set an amazing example for the rest of us. 
Thank you for showing me what love, commitment and family is all about. 
I love you Mom and Happy Birthday to you. 
I wish you long life and prosperity.  Everything good you desire and deserve would be your portion.
Cheers to a better life ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment